As part of my role as Community Contributor at WMUG I have been writing a few blog posts about Windows 10 Technical Preview and Windows 10 IoT.
I’ll have more articles to come but for now I thought I would list them here and link to them in case you would like to find out more about this exciting new O/S from Microsoft that’s due for release later this year.
- Windows 10 content on WMUG – http://wmug.co.uk/wmug/b/pwin/archive/2015/03/13/windows-10-content-on-wmug
- Live Blog – Windows 10 build 9926 to build 10041 upgrade – This was a live blog that I performed back in March that attempted, with success and some lessons learnt, to run an in-place upgrade of Windows 10 to Windows 10 via ConfigMgr 2012 R2 – http://wmug.co.uk/wmug/b/pwin/archive/2015/03/31/live-blog-windows-10-build-9926-to-build-10041
- Implementing Windows Image and Configuration Designer – A blog piece introducing Microsoft’s new Image and Configuration application. Think a souped up Windows System Image Manager plus more – http://wmug.co.uk/wmug/b/pwin/archive/2015/04/22/implementing-windows-image-and-configuration-designer
- Project Spartan – A First Look – An overview of Microsoft’s IE replacement, Project Spartan, now official known as Microsoft Edge – http://wmug.co.uk/wmug/b/pwin/archive/2015/04/22/project-spartan-first-look
- Windows 10 IoT – Getting Started on the Raspberry Pi 2 – First of a three part series exploring the install and configuration of Windows 10 IoT on the Raspberry Pi 2 – http://wmug.co.uk/wmug/b/pwin/archive/2015/04/30/windows-10-iot-getting-started
- Windows 10 IoT Part 2 – Time to set up the PC – Part two of the series on Windows 10 IoT shows you how to set up a Windows 10 PC with Visual Studio so you can develop and upload apps to Windows 10 IoT Core device – http://wmug.co.uk/wmug/b/pwin/archive/2015/05/02/windows-10-iot-time-to-set-up-the-pc
- Windows 10 IoT Part 3 – Making a light blink – The final part of the three part Windows 10 IoT series focuses on setting up the Raspberry Pi 2 hardware with a breadboard, LED, resistor and wires and sending an app called Blinky to the device to turn the LED light on and off. – http://wmug.co.uk/wmug/b/pwin/archive/2015/05/03/windows-10-iot-part-3-making-a-light-blink
- Introducing Windows 10 for IT Professionals, Preview Edition – Microsoft has released an excellent eBook on Windows 10 Technical Preview. This blog post links to the download of that eBook – http://wmug.co.uk/wmug/b/pwin/archive/2015/05/03/introducing-windows-10-for-it-professionals-preview-edition