Microsoft has released a 60 day evaluation of System Center Configuration Manager and System Center Endpoint Protection Technical Preview.
It’s available for download from here. Time to play!
Here’s a list of some of the new and improved features, and not an exhaustive list by any means:
- Primary site Client limit raised from 100k to 150k
- Management Points becoming location aware
- Full support for Win 10 management
- Improved driver management
- Upgrade OS added to list of Task Sequence choices
- Greater control of client upgrade
- Deployment verification (to avoid required to All Systems!)
- Support for installing ConfigMgr on Azure Virtual Machines
- Manage Windows 10 mobile devices via MDM with on-premises Configuration Manager infrastructure.
Check out the System Center Configuration Manager Team Blog for more information, including some details on the next Service Pack for ConfigMgr 2012 and R2 that is due for release next week.
I’ll be hoping to install the Tech Preview over the coming days and play with some of the new features. Look out for the blog posts.