Microsoft released MDOP 2013 R2 on December 2nd and included in that is the updated release of App-V 5.0 SP2.
The full set of MDOP enhancements are:
- Application Virtualization (App-V) 5.0 SP2
- Application Virtualization (App-V) 4.6 SP3
- User Experience Virtualization (UE-V) 2.0
- BitLocker Administration and Monitoring (MBAM) 2.0 SP1
- Diagnostics and Recovery Toolset (DaRT) 8.1
App-V 5.0 SP2 adds support for vritualisation of Office 2013 and App-V 5.0 SP2 now supports folder redirection for local user appdata directory.
Other nifty features are support for shell extensions and the sequencer is now able to detect some commonly used application dependencies, like MSXML and Visual C++ run times. These are added to the package and therefore no longer required locally on the client.
Details of the release are here