Task Sequence step not applying


Strange goings on whilst working on a Task Sequence in SCCM 2007. One of the driver packages wasn’t applying to the end device. The WMI query checked out ok but the device booted up without any of the drivers applied.

Checking the SMSTS.log I noticed that the driver package step was marked as disabled.

DriverDisabled-001

However looking at the Task Sequence the step wasn’t disabled.DriverDisabled-002

To remedy the problem, I disabled the step, applied the change, removed the check mark from the ‘Disable this step’ checkbox and then clicked ok.

On my next build the step was no longer marked as disabled and the driver package applied.

DriverDisabled-003

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s